Greg Chelap concentrates his legal practice on the representation of middle-market businesses and business owners. He has extensive experience in advising business owners and their families on matters relating to financial, tax and management strategies for growing, protecting and exiting their businesses. Mr. Chelap regularly represents business owners in planning, structuring and negotiating acquisitions and sales, financings, shareholder agreements, key employee stock option and incentive compensation plans, and many other business transactions/agreements. To accomplish his clients’ estate plans, Mr. Chelap prepares all forms of estate planning documents including wills, family limited partnerships, irrevocable life insurance trusts and charitable trusts.
Prior to joining SkalatosZonarich, Mr. Chelap held several financial advisory positions including: Chief Financial Officer of a waste disposal and recycling company; Corporate Finance Consultant for a business development and government relations company; and, Trust Officer for a national bank.
Special Achievements, Awards and Honors
- Mr. Chelap is AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell, the highest rating awarded by Martindale-Hubbell.
- Mr. Chelap is the founder and a past board member of LawPact®, an international association of independent business law firms.
- Successfully Negotiating and Drafting Acquisition Agreements, Gregory S. Chelap, et. al. (NBI 2005).
- Mergers and Acquisitions: The Art of Doing Deals, Gregory S. Chelap and Katherine Pandelidis Granbois (NBI 2004).
- Limited Liability Company Update, Gregory S. Chelap and Albert N. Peterlin (NBI 2004).
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Business Section
- Ohio Bar Association
- Dauphin County Bar Association
- Pepperdine University, Certificate in Private Capital Markets
- Widener University School of Law, J.D., cum laude
- Dickinson College (B.A. Economics)