Mr. Waeger has over 35 years of experience in defense civil litigation; both as insurance trial counsel and as senior executive claims manager of complex professional medical malpractice litigation.
Prior to joining SkarlatosZonarich LLC, Mr. Waeger held positions of Director/Chief Operating Officer of Pennsylvania’s Medical Professional Liability Catastrophic Loss Fund and MCARE. Prior to Mr. Waeger’s career with MCARE, he served as Vice President for Claims with the PHICO Insurance Company. He has also represented clients as a member of several private practices, including SkarlatosZonarich in the early 1980’s.
He has served as an adjunct professor of insurance law at Millersville University, as a member of the board of the St. Francis University Alumni Association, and as a speaker for the Pennsylvania Association for Justice (Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers), the Pennsylvania Bar Institute, and the Hospital Association of Pennsylvania.
Bar and Court Admissions
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Duquesne University School of Law, J.D.
- St. Francis University, B.S. Accounting
- CPCU (Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter) 6 of 10 parts
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Defense Institute
- Lawyers – Pilots Bar Association
- AOPA Aircraft Owners and Pilots Bar Association
- AIA American Insurance Association
Special Achievements, Awards & Honors
- Board of Directors – St. Francis University Alumni Association
- Chairman – PHICO Insurance United Way Campaign
- Adjunct Professor – Millersville University – Insurance Law
- Speaker – PA Trial Lawyers, PBI, Hospital Association of PA
- Veteran of The U.S. Army, First Lieutenant, Fort Benning, GA
- Best Review – Visual Aids as Litigation Tools 1989
- Nationwide Insurance Manuals
- Recorded Interviews – The Proper Way (1981)
- Understanding Comparative Negligence (1979)
- Arson Investigation (1985)