Ms. Place concentrates her practice in the areas of law most relevant to the elderly and persons with special need. Areas of concentration include estate planning, supplemental and special needs trusts, asset protection counseling, guardianships, and Medical Assistance and long term care planning. Ms. Place engages in an integrated approach to representing the elderly and those with special needs, working collaboratively with Janet T. Foreman, R.N., CRNP, SZ’s Director of Care Management. Ms. Place is also a part of SkarlatosZonarich, LLC’s litigation section, bringing her knowledge of, and commitment to, the broad spectrum of elder law and special needs issues to the firm’s litigation team.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Place’s background included Medical Assistance reimbursement and nursing home licensure litigation. She has provided pro bono representation to families seeking public benefits and assistance with long term care planning.
Bar and Court Admissions
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Dickinson School of Law, J.D.
- Swarthmore College, B.A.
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- Pennsylvania Association of Elder Law Attorneys
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Elder Law Section
- Real Property Probate and Trust Law Section
- Dauphin County Bar Association
- JDK Management v. Department of Public Welfare, 516 A2d 810 (Pa. Commw. 1986).
- Harristown Development Corp v. Department of General Services, 50 A2d 1174 (1990)
- “The Amish and Land Use” and “Annotation of First Amendment Cases” published in The Amish and the State, Donald Kraybill, ed. (1993).